[ Editor’s Note: Fitness author Jon Benson shared this letter with me and gave me permission to share it with you. ]
It’s like a dream come true.
“Gaining bodyfat is the result of a virus.”
Wouldn’t that be great news?
Let me tell you about the AD-36 adenovirus. Adenoviruses are the same nasty bugs that cause the common cold. We all have these viruses in various forms in our body all the time.
That last bit is a critical distinction.
The Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Louisiana has been doing some really ground-breaking research on AD-36. AD-36 affects stem cells… more specifically fat cells, both pre-formed and post-formed.
This means AD-36 can make MORE fat cells if contracted as an infant and make your fat cells larger if contracted as an adult.
Or so the theory goes.
To quote the study:
“Earlier researchers have concluded that Ad-36 may be contributors to obesity by super-charging fat cells to grow and store more fat. Until now, though, those researchers thought the viruses targeted pre-fat cells (called pre-adipocytes), causing them to convert in higher numbers to fat cells and causing those fat cells to be larger. Those studies were in mice. Pasaricas work determines the virus targets stem cells in humans.”
“In one test, a third of obese people had the rare and highly contagious virus compared to just 11 percent of thinner people. Weight gain can last three months until the body has built up resistance to the bug.”
Wow. Sounds like we have a winner here. A virus that you can catch that literally makes you gain bodyfat! All we need is…
First of all, notice that 11% of LEAN people have AD-36. And at any given time, just like a cold or a flu virus, you could contract AD-36. If your body has ‘never’ been exposed to it, you may require about 3 months to build up antibodies to ward it off.
Now, you can gain a lot of weight in 3 months… but come on. You cannot become obese in three months unless you are really, REALLY working at it.
Plus, like most viruses, you build up immunity to AD-36. Researchers do not know how long the immunity lasts, but some theorize it could last years… some even decades.
And let’s not forget those 11% who are lean and have the virus.
Why did they not all of a sudden get “sick” with bodyfat?
Because they are not EATING or LIVING in a way that allows them to gain bodyfat no matter what nasty freakin’ viruses may be floating about, that’s why.
That’s right folks: It is always going to come down to the food we put in our body and the way we move.
Here’s another hypothesis presented by Sherry Strong, food philosopher and nutritionist: “This could very well be the result of nature creating a mutation to encourage us to eat more due to the fact our consumption of natural, whole and organic foods is so low.”
Brilliant observation… and one tha makes complete sense.
Even if a “virus” is responsible for 20% of our weightgain, what about the other 80%?
We do not need a vaccine other than good food and a common sense workout plan.
Here’s the best —
https://www.jonbensonfitness.com <--- the "vaccine" for bodyfat Here's why I love this workout: 1. It's fast. 7-14 minutes 3-5 days per week. Anyone on earth can do this. 2. The Basic Upgrade (you will see it) still comes with a copy of my book "The Every Other Day Diet." Put the two together and you have an absolute winner of a plan that's practical and enjoyable. 3. Plus, anyone who owns "Every Other Day Diet" gets my upcoming "Radical Fatloss Blueprint" book freee. It comes out March 1st. That's 3 good reasons to go here and check out 7 Minute Muscle... https://www.jonbensonfitness.com <--- the "vaccine" for bodyfat Here's one more: You know better. You know that there's never going to be a magic pill for health, vitality, energy and looking your best. We can keep hoping... or you can take action and get what you want now. To me, that makes more sense than AD-36 "Super-Retro Fat-burning Vaccine" to hit the marketplace in 2021.